The Draft 2017 CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Implementation Guide (IG) for Eligible Professionals (EPs) (referred to as 2017 CMS QRDA EP IG) has been posted in JIRA, ticket number QRDA-306, for public comment. A JIRA account is required to comment. The public comment period starts on April 12, 2016 and ends on May 3, 2016.
The 2017 CMS QRDA IG provides implementation guidance for the 2017 performance period for submitting QRDA Category I (QRDA-I) and/or QRDA Category III (QRDA-III) files to the CMS Eligible Professional (EP) programs.
The current draft posted to JIRA does not contain the following information:
- 2016 Annual Update electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) for the 2017 performance year.
- Draft CMS QRDA IG for the Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) program, which is currently posted on JIRA for public comment
About the 2017 CMS QRDA EP IG:
- The 2017 CMS QRDA IG provides implementation reporting guidance for the Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) Program
- New requirements for C4 filtering added based on the 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria final rule
- QRDA Category I (QRDA-I) and QRDA Category III (QRDA-III) submission rules and validation for EPs
Disclaimer: Although there are references to various quality reporting programs administered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in this Draft 2017 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Implementation Guide for Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Category I and Category III for Eligible Professionals, please anticipate a second release of the Draft 2017 CMS Implementation Guide for QRDA Category I and Category III for Eligible Professionals based on rule making process and will be posted for a subsequent public comment period. In the future draft version we will post for public comment, CMS plans to remove references to the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and the EHR Incentive Program.
Additional QRDA-Related Resources: